The National Mathematics Advisory Panel will be chaired by Dr. Larry Faulkner, president of the Houston Endowment and President Emeritus of the University of Texas at Austin.
- Dr. Deborah Ball, Dean, School of Education and Collegiate Professor, University of Michigan
- Dr. Camilla Benbow, Dean of Education and Human Development, Vanderbilt University, Peabody College
- Dr. A. Wade Boykin, Professor and Director of the Developmental Psychology Graduate Program in the Department of Psychology, Howard University
- Dr. Francis "Skip" Fennell, Professor of Education, McDaniel College (Md.); President, National Council of Teachers of Mathematics
- Dr. David Geary, Curators' Professor, Department of Psychological Sciences, University of Missouri at Columbia
- Dr. Russell Gersten, Executive Director, Instructional Research Group; Professor Emeritus, College for Education, University of Oregon
- Nancy Ichinaga, former Principal, Bennett-Kew Elementary School, Inglewood, Calif.
- Dr. Tom Loveless, Director, Brown Center on Education Policy and Senior Fellow in Governance Studies, The Brookings Institution
- Dr. Liping Ma, Senior Scholar for the Advancement of Teaching, Carnegie Foundation
- Dr. Valerie Reyna, Professor of Human Development and Professor of Psychology, Cornell University
- Dr. Wilfried Schmid, Professor of Mathematics, Harvard University
- Dr. Robert Siegler, Teresa Heinz Professor of Cognitive Psychology, Department of Psychology, Carnegie Mellon University
- Dr. Jim Simons, President of Renaissance Technologies Corporation; former Chairman of the Mathematics Department, State University of New York at Stony Brook
- Dr. Sandra Stotsky, Independent researcher and consultant in education; former Senior Associate Commissioner, Massachusetts Department of Education
- Vern Williams, Math Teacher, Longfellow Middle School, Fairfax, Va.
- Dr. Hung-Hsi Wu, Professor of Mathematics, University of California at Berkeley
- Dan Berch, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health
- Diane Jones, White House Office of Science and Technology Policy
- Tom Luce, Assistant Secretary, U.S. Department of Education
- Kathie Olsen, Deputy Director, National Science Foundation
- Raymond Simon, Deputy Secretary, U.S. Department of Education
- Grover (Russ) Whitehurst, Director, Institute of Education Sciences, U.S. Department of Education